Sunday, November 05, 2006

I was reading Loobylu the other day and she mentioned that November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) - where for the whole of this month you post something every day. I woke up this morning and realised that I have inadvertently done just that. Problem is, I don't think I can keep it up. The fact of the matter is that I'm just not a good writer, and am painfully self concious of this fact at times. I'm also quite crap at coming up with names for things like blog posts, pattern designs and my jewellery. I read other blogs full of smooth, witty lines that make their day to day activites much more engaging, but when I write about mine, they just sound mundane. That said, not be self defeatist I'm going to make an effort.

I spent most of yesterday making birthday presents for one of my closest friends. When looking for wrapping paper I found one of my patterns printed on a sheet of A3 that I got Pete to sneakily run off at work.


I'm starting to learn the lesson that a mockup speaks a thousand pictures :) The pattern looks so much better in context rather than as a flat graphic.

8 comments:

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

lovely wrapping, i think your designs are wonderful... i saw that november post every day thing too, thought i might - then knew i wouldn't.. good for you for giving it a go.

Anonymous said...

very pretty paper design.

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with you on your writing, I like what you have to say. And as far as the naming of posts, it's no big deal. just put the date there if it intimidates ya! :-)

lovely package!

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel with writing blogs. I hate having to come up with names for things, then I think of my sister or someone I know making a groaning noise at how wanky it might sound. I then worry that everything I write is SO mundane and boring and dry and I try and keep it simple. That being said, I love your blog, I think you do a fantastic job and I really enjoy reading it.

Lindsey CJ said...

Pretty paper! I know you do gocco printing, I was wondering if you know of other ink types/brands that you can use besides the riso kind? I assume ank ink that is suitable for silk screening? Let me know when you have a chance, thanks! You always have fun work to look at.

Lara said...

Thanks everyone - I'm glad you think my writing is okay :)

Annalaura I know what you mean - it's a bit of a fine balance isn't it. Sometimes I'm glad that most of the poeple who really know me don't actually read this blog - I'm embarassed when they do!

Lindseycj - I'll send you an email! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the way you wrapped that present! Looking forward to keeping up with your daily blog posts.

Anonymous said...

To post something everyday for an entire month! Ahh! No, I surely couldn't do that...
Keep those posts coming...
take care, grache