Friday, November 09, 2007

Paperiaarre

I am always taken aback by how many really lovely people there are out in blog land. Today I received a parcel in the mail from Kaija, a Finland based bookbinder and maker of lovely things. Kaija, having grown up in Finland, has experienced somewhat of a Marimekko overdose. So she sent me this little parcel of Marimekko scraps!


The envelope in the foreground was hand stencilled by Kaija - really lovely.

I've been admiring Kaija's work for a little while now and have been meaning to post about it for ages, so what better time than now. Here are just a few examples of her lovely work:



Find more at her blog Paperiaarre, and her etsy shop here. Thanks again Kaija :)

5 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

wow. Those are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Marimekko overdose?? WHAT. htt

Kaija said...

Thank you so much, Lara! You're lovely.

And yes, Marimekko overdose is possible! Everyone should try living 23 years in Finland :)

Julie said...

Her work looks lovely. Lucky you! Marimekko scraps!

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

Hi Lara.

I have been admiring your work and your blog for a few months now, and finally have the time to stop and let you know how beautiful I think it is and how much you have inspired me :)