Thursday, March 19, 2009

a brief affair with fashion

Oh my gosh, I have to laugh. I just checked the Ink & Spindle blog and Bee had just posted some pics from the Refabricated fashion show we participated in the other night. Marcel took these shots from a prime location on the catwalk, and I totally got the giggles because the photos make our stuff look so much more pro that it felt like on the night!!

Here's a selection:


Wrens in Plum & denim skirt - designed by Lara


Ginkgo 50's style skirt - designed by Teegs


Acacia in Inky Blue & Grey denim skirt - designed by Lara


Lara, Teegs & Bee - having a well deserved drink at the 'Refabricated' salon show & exhibition (and looking a bit fancy!)


Ink & Spindle wall art

Nice work Marcel!

The show went well, but admittedly our stuff looked pretty plain in comparison to everyone else's because we just didn't have enough time to dedicate to it. And fashion really isn't our thing.

The best bit was getting to wear our skirts during the Stitches & Craft show and getting lots of lovely comments. So I think we might have to sell some skirt pattern kits!

20 comments:

Victoria E said...

The Gingko 50s style skirt is my favorite - I want one :O

Anonymous said...

You girls scrub up good! hehe.
I love your skirts. They looked good at the craft show. I like the acacia with the denim.
And who cares if yours didn't look as good as the others at the exhibition...yours look wearable & comfy and something everyone could get into. Get those kits out!!! xo

Anonymous said...

beautiful! :D
and you 3 are gorgeous ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, yes please! I'd be awesome if you sold some skirt pattern kits! My faves are the denim skirts.

Melanie O said...

I think your skirts are fabulous! So unique & fresh!

Jeannine said...

The denim skirts are very lovely! I want one!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to buy a skirt pattern or a skirt kit. They all look fabulous. They are very wearable and original. I can't wait to make one!

roisin said...

wow, the skirts look great!

deanna said...

Great skirts. I really like the wall art.

LeeAnn said...

I love the panelled skirts! They really highlight your prints (duh, exactly what they were intended for!) THe grey and blue one is my favorite.

Megan said...

Skirt pattern kits would be wonderful.

Cathy said...

your stuff looks amazing and I just love that pic of all three of you - you look so sophisticated!

Annie said...

Loving the fashions

Anonymous said...

Yes, please do skirt pattern kit. Especially the denim.

Renae said...

Skirt kits or patterns = good idea! I started making a skirt ages ago out of the plum acacia fabric, then never finished because it was a bit too much overall for me (I usually wear a lot of black!). On the weekend at the show my sister and I were admiring your skirt and it made me think I should remodel the one I was working on to be a panel instead. A pattern would make it much easier!

leslie said...

oh fancy ladies, you all looks so great! skirt kits is a brilliant idea, one more step in ink & spindle's world domination...

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Your stuff looks amazing on the catwalk. I was hoping it went really well.

Love the wall art too.

Anonymous said...

Denim skirt looks fantastic. Will have to grab one of those kits too!

Anonymous said...

What a show! You must have had such a good time! Australia seems to be the place to be right now!

Anna Lloyd said...

looks gorgeous to me!