Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vintage Australiana

I must say getting out of town is good.

Man friend and I took a trip up to the north of the state, read books and napped on the banks of the Murray surrounded by river red gums and went to cute places like Swan Hill and Echuca. And a trip to country towns is never complete without an absolute score at one of the antique shops:


Vintage Australiana tins - set of 3 for $15!


Vintage Australiana tins

I found these at the antique shop in Kerang where one of my best girly friends has been posted for 6 months. I use the term vintage loosely - I have no idea how old they are but they're totally up my alley with all the native flora and fauna. And the lids are pistachio coloured! They fit right into my kitchen :)

In other news, the last few days have been spent designing. Would you believe it? Not just designing but preparing actual finished designs for screens. Excitement indeed! Will post a sneak peak soon :)

xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I love those tins !

CurlyPops said...

OMG gorgeous! Kerang never had a antique shop when I lived there. Things must have improved.

Annie said...

Go Country towns - you can always rely on them.

Cindy said...

They are delicious!

Tali said...

score! they are so cute. did you also encounter the locust plague as you made your way through victoria?
it's freaky!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Beautiful tins, I adore the old botanical drawings!

Jasmine Mirra said...

oh! Those tin cans... i want them!
Lucky you!

Little Jane St said...

Beautiful Lara! A perfect match:)

clippingimages said...

simply beautiful and adorable....innovative tin cans. i would like to have some for me and my family......